February 25, 2019
Kevin Graham of FDTV talks with the District Director, Diana Dee, at the recent Leadership and Communication Experience event on Chapman University. Toastmasters from all over Orange County gather at this event for club officer training plus other outstanding leadership and communication workshops available to all members.
December 19, 2018
You are either the interviewER or the interviewEE: BOTH positions require top notch Soft Skills. Fortunately, all ten Toastmasters Pathways deliver a strong foundation for you in Level 3. Communication skills AND new age delivery options are advanced superpowers for those who take advantage of learning and practicing them. These skills are in demand and
December 13, 2018
One of our viewers sent Founder’s District TV an email and asked a very important question: What is Servant Leadership? That’s a great question and a HUGE topic to cover because Servant Leadership has four core tenets: 1) Service to others, 2) holistic approach to work, 3) promoting a sense of community and 4) sharing
November 13, 2018
After 20 years with the same company, it sold, and I was out the door; 60 years old, out on the street, resume in hand, looking for work. My self-esteem gone. When I was about at my lowest, a good friend asked me to attend a Toastmaster meeting with him. I told him, ‘I need
November 6, 2018
I’m Mabel Kong with an editorial that’s less than two minutes long. I find it ironic that many of today’s leaders boast of being available for their hard workers, but when their employees ask for help all that’s given are orders from a benevolent dictator. A true servant leader will listen, guide, and empower their
October 28, 2018
Last week I saw an excellent example of servant leadership. I know you will be excited to try this simple solution and I expect you’ll have a similar remarkable result. I watched an associate’s face transform from a full-on frown to a smiling king with a crown. During a frontline managers’ meeting, I saw a
October 21, 2018
Michael Varma sits down with one of the newest accredited speakers, Eldonna Lewis Fernandez. Eldonna is CEO of Dynamic Vision International, Inc. that provides negotiation, leadership, and communication training to corporate clients and small business owners internationally. Eldonna is also the author of Think Like A Negotiator – 50 Ways to Create Win Win Results
October 14, 2018
Whether you are part of today’s tech-savvy workforce or a customer influenced by social media, the results are in . . . you respond well to video messaging. That’s because only 7 percent of a message is conveyed by words; The remaining 93 percent breaks down to your tone of voice, 38 percent, and the
May 30, 2015
Lionnel Yamentou competes at the 2015 Spring Founder’s District International Speech Contest. The contest was held at the Holiday Inn Hotel in La Mirada, California on April 25, 2015.
May 26, 2015
Chris Gregory competes at the 2015 Spring Founder’s District International Speech Contest. The contest was held at the Holiday Inn Hotel in La Mirada, California on April 25, 2015.
May 26, 2015
Anita Ramanathan competes at the 2015 Spring Founder’s District International Speech Contest. The contest was held at the Holiday Inn Hotel in La Mirada, California on April 25, 2015.